Level 3 Early Years Care & Education
The qualification is assessed mainly in the workplace. As a non-exam base course a portfolio of evidence is completed by the student who will need to dedicate about 6 hours a week.
- Provide for children's physical needs
- Promote the physical development of children
- Promote children's social and emotional development
- Provide a framework for the management of behaviour
- Promote children's sensory and intellectual development
- Promote children's language and communication development
- Contribute to the protection of children from abuse
- Observe and assess the development and behaviour of children
- Plan and equip environments for children
- Plan, implement and evaluate learning activities and experiences
- Establish and maintain relationships with parents
- Plus three option units
This course is designed for those who have successfully completed the NVQ Level 2 in Early Years and Education, or those who have proven experience of taking care of children. Applicants must be over 25 years old.
Coursework, practical projects, work place and assessment
Candidates will need to be employed or voluntarily working in a Nursery environment to gain this qualification. Completed NVQ Level 2 in Early Years Care & Education. Applicants will be interviewed.